- Support global unit and LAC recruitment efforts as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to hiring managers on regional staffing strategy, the development of job descriptions, advertising, and coordination of recruiting activities across units.
- Ensure adherence to best recruiting practices across regions; provide training to staff as needed in interviewing, sourcing and use of applicant tracking systems.
- Build Ipas’ visibility in the global marketplace, improving proactive outreach to prospective employees. Build and maintain a network of qualified candidates at the regional level through relationships with universities, NGOs, and relevant business associations.
- Analyze and monitor each LAC countries benefit plans to ensure compliance to local market conditions, regulations and customs.
- Advise and recommend changes and/or enhances to US and LAC benefit plans as needed.
- Support staff with any benefit questions or high level issues.
POLICY ADMINISTRATION AND COMPLIANCE:
- Monitor and interpret policies and actions relating to HR policy administration.
- Assist HR staff and senior managers to ensure compliance with local and regional labor laws.
- Work with Headquarters and country program HR staff to develop, implement and administer HR projects to meet organizational and unit goals. Projects may pertain to staff development and training, wellness, reward and recognition, compensation, etc.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND PERFORMANCE:
- Advise managers and staff in employee relations matters, helping to interpret policies and employment laws, and to resolve conflict.
- Ensure implementation of the Ipas performance management system. Work with regional HR staff and draw on HQ resources to develop and refresh skills of managers enabling them to carry out their shared responsibility in performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred;
- PHR/SPHR certified preferred;
- 8-10+ years experience in human resources required; 3 years in or pertaining to developing countries and international NGO/PVO experience preferred;
- Demonstrated skills in at least 3 of the following: recruitment, employee relations, compensation, training and capacity building;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural and customer service skills;
- Ability to represent Ipas externally;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and dotted line relationships;
- Demonstrated computer experience;
- Fluent in Spanish (verbal and written) required
- Ability to travel 15% time annually.