The Senior Human Resource Generalist is responsible for providing a wide range of human resource functions including but not limited to compliance, training, recruitment, HR policy and procedures, new hire onboarding, employee manuals, and regulatory compliance. Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Evaluation of human resources plans and procedures; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manuals.
- Works with managers and employees to investigate and resolve employee concerns.
- Review and coordinate employment, employee/labor relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data from human resource information systems for information reporting and management decision making.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of job descriptions and other personnel documents and forms.
- Conducts recruitment effort for company: writes and places advertisements, reviews resumes, performs telephone and in person interviews and provides recommendations to management.
- Conducts new-employee orientations and on boarding new employees.
- Provides employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviews.
- Perform training on various HR policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Responsible for providing Federal and State legislation compliance guidance pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in daily tasks.
- Works with local leaders and employees at various sites, providing on-site support for strategic initiatives, delivering presentations of topical interest, and supporting employee events.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Resources Management, or another related field from an accredited university, though specific experience, when applicable, can be substituted for required degree is required. 8-13 years’ recent experience in a Human Resource Generalist role. Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the best practice on recruitment and selection.
- Experience in interpreting, advising and implementing such agreements and procedures.
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group.
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- The ability to research, analyze and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
- Experience in leading and working effectively in teams.
- Ability to identify development needs.
- A commitment to providing customer service.
- Ability to write and present information.
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters.
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives.