One of the world's leading engineering and design consultancies has an opening for a Senior HVAC Engineer in the Boston office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job:
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from feasibility studies through the design phases and final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities with an opportunity to work on various challenging projects.
• Lead the HVAC design on a variety of project types
• Lead HVAC design teams
• Directly interfacing with the client
• Organize in-house resources
• Develop project proposals and budgets
• Coordination with city and state permitting agencies
• Mentor junior staff
• Prepare technical reports/specifications
• Contribute to the overall business development of the company
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/HVAC Engineering
• 8-15 years of experience designing mechanical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
• Experience in the design of HVAC systems, including design of air distribution systems, hydronic systems, automatic temperature controls system and specifications, cooling/heating load calculations, and construction administration
• Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
• P.E. License is required
• LEED AP is preferred
We offer salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability and life insurances, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Recruitics - 30+ days ago