Build systems to create business insight from big data sources.
Work in a small fast-paced development team.
Use Unix core utilities and Hadoop to process large data sets.
Design and construct data marts as needed.
Subject areas are customer activity, fraud control, and business metrics.
Tasks include requirements gathering, data profiling, technology selection, design of DW schema, creation of ETL processes, reconciliation, aggregate management and operations.
Deliver insights using Tableau, Excel and custom reports.
You will work closely with product teams, engineering, marketing and customer service.
Skills and Experience
- Have designed and built a large-scale data warehouse. Thorough familiarity with DW principles.
- Data processing experience with open source tools (Unix core utilities, scripting languages)
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem required.
- Experience with DI (data integration) and ETL (extract-translate-load) tools and visualization/reporting tools.
- High degree of SQL expertise and database development skills.
- CS degree (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Agile development experience
- Data analysis experience in a business setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of mobile app industry a plus.
- Knowledge of NO SQL databases a plus.
GOGII, Inc - 20 months ago