HW Engineering 4983 US
Extreme Networks is looking for exceptional people that celebrate and drive innovation! Long recognized by industry experts as a visionary technical company, Extreme Networks is preparing to take the next leap forward in networking technology – and you can help create the solutions that address the needs of businesses and governments worldwide.
Our employees are key to the innovation that has made Extreme Networks a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork. Unleash your creativity and your career - it’s time to join the Extreme Networks team and become an Extremist!
Position: Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position is for a Senior Hardware Engineer who will design and guide the development of leading edge Networking switches and systems.
These qualifications for the open position are also highly desirable:
- At least 6 years of experience designing electronic systems, 3 years in Networking.
- BSEE required. MSEE a plus.
- Experience designing Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet products.
- Must have High speed signal integrity (SI) design and testing expertise.
- Knowledge of analog design methods and parameters needed for high speed system design.
- Experience using Vector Network Analyzers and TDRs to characterize high speed PCBs and cables.
- Adept at creating spreadsheet analyses of complex systems and to plan the feasibility and architecture of new systems.
- Experience using high speed simulation tools such as Agilent ADS
- FPGA design skills desirable.
- Must be comfortable in a supervisory role reviewing and guiding the designs of international teams and capable of handling multiple projects in parallel.
- Adept at generating clear and concise specifications and test reports.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- T1, E1, STM1 equipment design
- Stratum clocks and Network Synchronization
- IEEE 1588 protocols
- Experience with Mobile Wireless routers or 3G cellular mobile equipment (Mobile cellular wireless equipment)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul
- Wireless Base Station Controllers
- Carrier Ethernet.
Extreme Networks does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Extreme Networks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to the Company.
Senior Hardware Engineer - 4616