Miranda Technologies, a leading provider of hardware and software solutions for the television, broadcast, satellite and IPTV industry is looking for a talented Senior Hardware Engineer to lead hardware design and the development of technical solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. You will drive technical innovation for high profile broadcast industry leaders who are looking for multi-media content delivery solutions. You will be integral to the product development cycle including product definition, development and release.
- Fast paced, hands-on environment where customer experience drives product development and market feedback directly impacts product design.
- High energy, creative culture promoting both team and individual based projects.
- Open communication where new ideas are encouraged and implemented.
- Dynamic and widely scoped projects promoting cross-training and knowledge sharing.
- Accountability and ownership mindset linked to the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Career development is promoted and encouraged.
- Lead product innovation through the design and development of new products as well as the continuous improvement of existing products.
- Drive system level definition and architecture.
- Manage complete product development effort - from specification, through design and test, to manufacturing release.
- Design complex circuits and state machines to realize required functionality.
- Analyze operational data, and conduct experimental tests, write and execute product test plans.
- Work closely with Product Management on new product and feature definition.
- Provide technical mentoring to other Hardware engineers.
- Provide training and support to QA, field engineers and manufacturing personnel.
The ideal candidate meets these competencies:
- A BSEE (or equiv) and minimum of 8 years applicable technical experience or an MSEE (or equiv) with 5 years of applicable technical experience.
- Experience with FPGA programming and applications, Verilog knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with the design and debug of complex circuits and interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial I/O and PCB layout techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge of circuit design for digital video and audio is a plus.
- Experience with Mentor simulation, analysis, and CAD tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with SMPTE digital video standards is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with requirements for DFM/DFT, EMC, Safety and other regulatory requirements.
- Requires a high degree of creative ability, engineering skill, and independent judgment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and listen.
- Flexibility to work in a team or individual work setting.
- Ability to plan and implement project plans, cross functional schedules and manage technical deadlines without compromising quality
- Ability to learn quickly and evolve with change (technical & cultural).
- Problem solving and solution mindset
- Ability to engage others in cross functional projects
- Autonomous and self-driven.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Miranda Technologies - 11 months ago