The Senior Health Care Analyst will take a leadership role in analyzing and presenting results based on large health care databases such as HEDIS clinical quality data and CAHPS, HOS member survey data and field test data. Major responsibilities include understanding content area, defining analysis plans and selecting appropriate statistical methods, quantitative analysis, programming in SAS, R, STATA or other programming languages, quality assurance for analysis, and communication with internal and external clients. The holder of this position must be able to work independently on multiple projects in coordination with other internal and external project team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop analytical plans for research and other projects including: database design, program design, selection of statistical methods, creation of project timelines, and development of formats for presenting results to meet customer needs. This includes the preparation of memos and close out reports to contribute to knowledge management and documentation.
· Conduct programming tasks and statistical analysis including preparation and cleaning of data, implementation and refinement of statistical methods, preparation of formatted tables of results, creation of databases and other outputs, and verification of the accuracy of results. Participate in quality assurance processes and review code, output tables and charts. Complete all documentation and follow department standardized processes.
· Customer Engagement and Project Leadership: Present analytic results orally and in writing to customers and other researchers incorporating descriptions of methods, relevant literature, and other background material to provide context for the results.
· Develop content expertise and provide analytic support for NCQA programs and high priority strategic projects such as the State of Health Care Quality report, CAHPS and HOS surveys, Pay for Performance programs etc.
· Masters degree with 3+ years of experience analyzing large datasets, particularly health-related data including claims data, in the fields of health services research, applied statistics, sociology, epidemiology, or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position.
· Strong programming skills in SAS required. Certification a plus, knowledge of other programming languages a plus. Working with claims based data a plus.
· Proficiency in statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, STATA or R.
· Profound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
· Skilled at developing and applying univariate and multivariate modeling techniques, hypothesis testing
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health...