AIR’s Health Program offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR health experts provide high-impact research, policy analysis, evaluation, communication, and technical assistance in a stable, yet growing and entrepreneurial environment. Our researchers apply diverse methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches to a variety of health issues, including health reform, delivery system improvement, health care cost and financing, performance measurement, access and disparities, and consumer engagement. Our communication work includes behavior-change communication, communication strategy, national health communication campaigns, and community engagement. Our pursuits are enhanced by the contributions of our web application, digital media, database management, conference planning, and creative and publication services groups. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
The Senior Project Manager will provide high-level support to the Senior Director and Health leadership team for the business and administrative functions and activities of large health program grants/projects, including the Technical Assistance to the Learning and Diffusions Group (LDG) grant from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)/Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI.) Position is responsible for identifying, capturing, and managing complex projects in the public and non-profit sectors. The successful candidate will have specific knowledge and experience in the business of health care delivery and will be conversant with health care financing models including Pay for Performance, Accountable Care, Value-Based Purchasing, Shared Savings, and cost-benefit/return on investment analyses for health care delivery programs and services. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of health care program evaluation and reporting specifically in the areas of health care financing and cost, health care performance and quality measurement, and evidence-based health care. Qualified candidate should have demonstrated project management capabilities, including the ability to lead large-scale contracts while simultaneously providing content knowledge and technical expertise and will work with CMS in problem solving and growing the existing contract. This individual will share in the responsibility of ensuring that the best thinking, service and products are provided by AIR. The successful candidate will work with the Project Director to expand this practice area within AIR’s Health Program and support the continued development of the Health Systems Innovation Group (HSI) within which this work is currently conducted.
• Serves as Senior Project Manager for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) project. Provide assistance for the management support and overall project management and administration of the contract to include performance measure development, preparation of reports and plans, supervision of project staff, maintaining budget control and monitoring contract progress to ensure achievement of project goals and outcomes to improve quality of care while reducing cost.
• Provides leadership and management to AIR Program/Model Leads, team members and contract consultants. Supports Model leads with financial analyses, budget management, and management of sub-contractors, specifically as related to monitoring and reporting on tasks and deliverables and managing costs and activities to the scope of work and budget.
• Works directly with the Senior Director, HSI and staff in Corporate Contracts and Grants, Business Systems and the Finance Office to co-manage the administrative and business management functions of the CMMI contract, specifically as relates to financial management and reporting and management of overall contract and sub-contracts for regional and specialized services and consultative services.
• Maintains high-level oversight of budget, financial reporting, and contract management; takes model level information and rolls up to create a clear and accurate view of the entire project through to the model level across all tasks and activities.
• Recommends new processes where needed to improve quality or on-time performance of project tasks and deliverables.
• Demonstrates ability to interact independently with a client (includes establishing meeting agendas and running one-on-one meetings, small meetings, or conference calls) and works cooperatively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Demonstrates ability to lead by delegating, prioritizing, providing clear direction, feedback, follow-through, and displaying good judgment to staff. Oversees the work of others assigned to the contract. Demonstrates good judgment regarding internal problems and the workings of AIR (includes keeping Project Director informed of sensitive issues regarding staff or projects).
• Plans and manages work time, including multiple, sometimes competing, priorities, and ensuring that work assignments are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
• Provides professional input to strategic planning through innovation, practicality, feasibility quality, and evaluation of programs and initiatives.
• Works proactively with other managers to maintain billability for self and other health program staff.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contributes to team efforts to expand current business and develop new business (includes contributing to proposal research and writing, demonstrating willingness to work on new business efforts while maintaining billability, and developing contacts.)
• Provides high quality work and client relations to enhance the company’s reputation. Continually develops and remains current in professional and business/industry knowledge and demonstrates versatility and/or specialization for personal marketability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Health Care Administration, or a related field required.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in project/program management and/or business administration of a division, product line or major department in a health care setting such as a hospital or large group medical practice or similar.
• Demonstrated understanding of health care delivery issues, including demonstrated understanding of health care financing and health care program evaluation.
• Skilled in all aspects of project budgeting and management.
• Process improvement and project management training and experience, such as LEAN Six-Sigma certification, is strongly preferred.
• Experience in government contracting environment is preferred.
• Excellent people management skills and demonstrated ability to work with and lead teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to write reports and other materials that are logically organized and conform to prescribed style and format.
• Certification and experience with IHI Breakthrough Collaboratives or Six Sigma/Lean approaches are highly desirable.
American Institutes for Research - 16 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...