Senior Health Care Project Manager
Baylor Health Care System
Baylor Health Care System’s BIS Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking an experienced, dynamic individual who will support the organization’s mission to support the collective pursuit of empowering our providers with innovative technologies, standardized care models, and superior service that enables patient-centered care within the BHCS service lines.
The Senior Health Care Project Manager is responsible for managing and implementing high visibility, strategic IT initiatives for our organization. This position reports within a formalized Program Management Office focused on timely, high quality, integrated delivery of IT projects. The individual selected to fill this position will work with senior leadership, key physicians, and stakeholders throughout the organization and must have strong interpersonal and communications skills. Projects at this level will require a diverse business and technical skill set to effectively manage internal and external resources to deliver valued added solutions to BHCS internal customers. Typical projects include Health Information Exchange, Clinical Analytics, Strategic Data Management, Business Development and Integration, New Hospitals and more.
1. Leads large, cross-functional project teams using the organization’s project management methodology standards.
2. Develops and manages core project management deliverables including detailed scope and requirements, resource plans, project schedules, risk management plans, change control processes, decision/action/risk/change/issue (DARCI) logs, communication plans, test strategies and lessons learned.
3. Facilitates clear and concise status project- and program-level reporting for executive management and other key project stakeholders, including direct communications with project sponsors and steering committees.
4. Provides strong problem solving and collaboration skills to detect opportunities and challenges early, then identifies and implements effective action plans.
5. Escalates critical risks, issues, changes, problems or delays to the project sponsor and executive management, as needed.
6. Ensures assigned projects are completed on time, within budget and to mutually agreed-upon customer specifications.
7. Provides coaching, training and mentoring to junior or peer project managers on methodology and best practices.
8. Participates in the development and implementation of Lean project management strategies and processes on behalf of the PMO across the Baylor Health Care System.
Education and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
• Requires Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Master user of Project Management Tools (e.g., PlanView, SharePoint) and MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
• 5-7 years experience supporting healthcare projects and/or software packages.
• 5 years experience with direct responsibility in Project Management.
• Experience leading presentations to executive staff and board members.
• Experience creating Business Requirements, Project Plans, and related project and presentation materials.
• Thorough understanding of PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) standards (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement, Stakeholder Management).
• Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work across multiple assignments and delegate duties where appropriate.
• Ability to assess the impact of proposed changes on existing project plans and team workloads.
• Solid presentation and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels ranging from frontline staff to executive management.
At Baylor, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Flexible schedules
• Employee Assistance Program
Explore a system of rewards and unmatched opportunities with health care's brightest minds.
“Baylor is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Baylor does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by or on behalf of a third party agency or firm. Baylor will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed “Baylor Agency Fee Agreement.”
Req ID: 178357_1
Baylor Health Care - 18 months ago
The Baylor Health Care System (BHCS) offers an array of health care services throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. BHCS owns...