The mission of the Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) is to monitor the Massachusetts health care system and to provide reliable information and meaningful analysis for those seeking to improve health care quality, affordability, access, and outcomes.
The Senior Health Information Analyst position is an exciting career building opportunity that is critical to the work of the Health Systems Performance Unit and CHIA. The successful candidate will be goal-oriented, driven to do outstanding work and have a keen interest in healthcare analytics and reporting. S/he will join a team of talented analysts and will be responsible for independently developing and producing healthcare data analysis and reporting to meet the needs of a broad audience. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual with the ability to collaborate with teams, develop new and unique healthcare analytics and reporting, and contribute to helping CHIA fulfill its mission as the "hub" for health care data collection in the Commonwealth.
- Design, plan and produce timely, meaningful analytic projects using the All-Payer Claims Database (APCD), Hospital Discharge Database and other databases.
- Utilize software such as SAS, SPSS, Excel and/or other software to analyze large claims, eligibility and other health care datasets.
- Produce reports that are clearly written and in the appropriate format to meet the needs of public and private groups, including the administration, legislature, providers, and payers.
- Interpret data and produce clear and comprehensive written analyses, graphics, tables and presentations for distribution to diverse internal and external groups.
- Independently plan, organize and prioritize assigned projects.
- Create and manage work plans that reflect the tasks, timeframes and processes required to successfully complete projects.
- Recommend and assist with implementation of processes to ensure that data reported is accurate. Complete quality assurance and project documentation on all analyses performed.
- Participate in the peer review of analyses and reports produced by CHIA staff, as well as mentor less experienced members of the analytic team as needed.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) four years or full-time, or equivalent part-time professional experience in business administration, health care planning or administration, public health policy or administration, human services policy analyses or administration or economics, the major duties of which included financial analysis or costs, expenses and revenue and/or the development, implementation and monitoring or financial reimbursement systems, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in health care administration, hospital administration, public health or health services administration, accounting, business administration, business management, public policy, public administration or economics may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
- II. A graduate degree with a major in health care administration, hospital administration, public health or health services administration, accounting, business administration, business management, public policy, public administration or economics may be substituted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.*
- Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: None.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience utilizing Excel, SAS, SPSS and/or SQL or other statistical packages, developing queries, writing reports and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience interpreting health care data and producing clear and comprehensive written analyses for distribution to diverse internal and external groups.
- A high proficiency in producing graphs, tables, reports and presentations using Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Experience producing analyses and reports focused on at least one of the following areas- health care cost, utilization, access, provider/health system performance or quality using health care claims, enrollment and other health data sets.
- A general understanding of health care policy, financing and delivery systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with others at all organizational levels both within an organization as well as to external customers and stake holders.
- Experience managing multiple projects while successfully meeting due dates for deliverables provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Experience working collaboratively as well as independently with multidisciplinary teams.
Indeed - 16 months ago
The Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) was established as an independent agency of the Commonwealth as a result of the health...