GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As Senior Heat Transfer Design Engineer, you will blend cutting-edge research with practical design application to integrate the next generation cooling technologies into Aviation and Power Generation Gas Turbines, be responsible for driving said designs into product, and be responsible for growing airfoil cooling technology design practice knowledge.
- Develop and apply advanced flow and heat transfer technology, including design tools and processes, in order to meet the technical and competitive challenges of GE turbomachinery products.
- Perform CFD calculations on complex geometries to understand detailed flow physics, leading to improved turbine design life
- Support heat transfer experimental testing relevant to gas turbine airfoil design
- Participate in identifying, planning and developing conceptual designs for advanced cooling technologies for gas turbines and turbomachinery products.
- Drive novel cooling design features into Aviation and Power Generation gas turbine products.
- Work with GE Aviation team to learn cooling technology design practice and transfer knowledge to GEGR gas turbine heat transfer laboratories.
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines with at least 6 years of post-degree experience in Heat Transfer or Fluid Dynamics Design or Analysis OR Master’s degree (with thesis) in Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines with at least 10 years of post-degree experience in Heat Transfer or Fluid Dynamics Design or Analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of 1D, 2D and 3D Heat Transfer or Fluid Dynamics design and analysis methods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to Heat Transfer related problems
- Experience with heat transfer experimental testing techniques
- Demonstrated project leadership experience, including successful track of completing deliverables on schedule and on budget
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of a calendar year
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Double Rewards Employee Referral Program
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Post-Doctorate experience and five plus years of experience in turbomachinery research.
- Domain knowledge in gas turbine design and gas turbine cooling technologies.
- Airfoil aero/thermal design knowledge.
- Experience in heat transfer experimental test techniques on relevant gas turbine airfoil designs
- Experience in numerical methods development, such as reduced order models and 3D CFD algorithms
- Superb communication skills.
- Strong publication record in the gas turbine heat transfer community
- Excellent work ethic, and able to work well with broad and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated dedication to completing jobs on time and on budget.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...