NCI: As a Senior Help Desk Specialist, you will be responsible for providing helpdesk support to users, both local and remote, by telephone, in-person, and email. The HST is required to support the primary customer facility and occasionally an offsite COOP location. This position is also required to provide support for on-call after hours support on a rotational basis. The HST may also be required to provide support to alternate worksites located on Andrews AFB and abroad.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of issues with Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Vista, Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Symantec Anti-virus, ApproveIt, Citrix, and VPN. • Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of various printers, multifunction devices, scanners, digital cameras • Consults immediate supervisor or higher-level IT Specialist on possible solutions • Assist supporting Voice Over IP solution • Keep abreast of current technologies • Create tickets and updates ticket information on a daily basis • Work with problems that can be quickly resolved • Provide end-user support to external customers for email, hosted applications, desktop, system and network problems within defined service-level agreements. • Walk users through a series of steps to determine the severity and nature of the problem. • Troubleshoot to resolution or escalate issues to senior engineers and/or service account managers as necessary. • Ability to prioritize and manage time on multiple projects simultaneously within strict timelines. o Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for customer interaction and ticket documentation. • Answers all helpdesk calls in a timely manner with onsite support when needed • Punctuality and reliability are critical to this role; work schedule is subject to changes at any time to support the mission. • Adhere to dress code at all times. • Develop trusted relationships with customers by providing accurate and efficient support • Responsibilities also include, computer moves, data back up, creating PST’s and installing AF specific software programs
• Excellent customer service skills • Strong oral and written communication skills • Ability to multitask while staying focused • Ability to work in a team environment • Possess strong personal skills and abilities • Provide clear and concise instructions • Ability to handle stressful situations under pressure • Have to be open to flexibility, open to different shifts. • We expect more than satisfactory performance – strive for outstanding • CompTIA Network + or Security + certification (within 180 days of hire)
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Customer desk visits require the ability to move between the three physically separated ANGRC campus buildings • Relocation of equipment from warehouse or within customer areas to include printers, monitors, laptops, desktops, keyboards and other peripherals • Troubleshooting issues at customer desks and conference rooms - requires ability to maneuver under desks and tables • Customer desk moves - requires the ability to physically move laptops, monitors, keyboards and reconnect systems possibly located under desks • Ability to successfully work within a fast paced, dynamic environment
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 17 months ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...