NES is searching for a Sr. Help Desk Specialist that will be responsible for providing on-site IT support for existing Government and Contractor end-user personnel in Warren, MI. Support is required to ensure all hardware and software (operating system and applications), and other miscellaneous IT equipment are functioning at all times to support mission requirements. Support will be provided over the phone, via email and in person. As a senior level Help Desk Specialist the successful technician will be expected to possesses and apply a comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software (operating systems and applications) and networking maintenance fundamentals and function as a technical expert. The successful candidate will plan and lead major technology assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
Hours are 0730-1600 Monday - Friday, and occasional on-call support may be required after hours and on weekends.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC hardware and software installation; test, troubleshoot and repair Computer and Printer hardware.
- Ability to perform hardware and software upgrades to existing computers using the MS Windows operating systems and associated MS productivity software programs.
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure, including structured cabling and LAN architecture.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, MS Exchange and network security safeguards as necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as strong team and customer relation skills.
MUST have one an active Security+ Certification
MUST also currently have one of the following Approved Computing Environment (CE) Certifications*:
Microsoft Windows 7: Configuration
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
MCDST / MCIPT EDST / MCIPT EDA / MCIPT SA / MCIPT EA / MCM / MCSA / MCSE / "MCA: MS Windows Server: Directory"
Higher level certifications may be substituted.
NES Associates LLC - 19 months ago