Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
a business partner and helping them to resolve critical people and business issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, and minimum of three years of experience in human resources.
- Experience in corporate recruitment for positions at all levels.
- Experience in training, employee relations, and mediation in a manufacturing environment.
- Organizational behavior/organizational development knowledge and intervention experience.
- Knowledge of affected labor laws including EEOC, INS, ADEA, ERISA, NLRB, ADA, FMLA and FLSA laws.
- Good platform presentation and training skills
- Knowledge of software programs including Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reportsmith.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and consultative skills.
- Ability to be out front with operating management, working closely with them as
- Ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of the business leaders and associates.
- Presence, confidence and communications skills that assure effective participation at all levels of an organization
- Solid business and people acumen, empathetic listening skills at all employee levels, problem solving, and good oral and written communication skills, including group presentation skills, are required.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully dealing in a matrix organization where consensus and team spirit are highly valued.
- An analytical mindset through which he or she is able to present bottom line-focused, persuasive and concise counsel
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to deal with broad HR issues as well as the ability to deal with day-to-day issues as they arise
- Hands-on experience implementing human resources programs that address the organization's capabilities and needs.
- PHR or SPHR certification, and experience in a manufacturing background is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ADP, Kronos, SAP systems and lean manufacturing a plus.
- Previous experience as Generalist role in a human resources function in a public company known for its people management competence; experience with a truly global organization with time spent in an international type position is a plus.
- Experience in improving organizational and HR efficiencies within a mature business is highly desirable
This position partners closely with the HR Manager and HR Director to provide general human resources support on a wide range of HR projects and processes. This incumbent is responsible for most of the recruitment and staffing for the corporation. Responsibilities include conducting the sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of internal and external candidates. The Sr. HRG provides coaching and employee relations support. Assist with special projects in training, development, employee relations, change management, and other human resources initiatives as needed. Plan schedules and arranges own activities to accomplish objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. This position will be responsible for project management of all core HR processes including Diversity and Inclusion, Community initiatives, Culture Creation Initiatives Engagement and flow to the work as necessary.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all personnel.
- Ensures compliance to all Company, Local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in the annual updates of compensation program in accordance with corporate guidelines; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; monitors performance evaluation program and makes recommendations for revisions as necessary.
- Implements personnel policies and procedures; maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and other activities as needed.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, internships and temporary employees; develops and oversees new-employee orientations; monitors career and succession planning initiatives.
- Assists in investigations in areas such as, but not limited to, EEO, Wage and Hour, Unemployment, FMLA and Workers Compensation by providing employee relations counseling, administering the Employee Complaint process, providing guidance and support to supervisors and managers and assuring fair and equitable treatment throughout the organization.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works with local and corporate designated legal departments on non-immigration visa issues to arrange for hiring within INS and regulatory framework. Liaisons with local attorneys on workers comp/on the job injury/return to work issues as well as employee relations issues as required.
- Facilitates training programs as required.
- Supports Divisional and Corporate HR for assigned projects and program.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills
- Proven experience in operating in a matrix management organizational structure
- Strong team building, coaching and counseling experience.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
- This position is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the manager.
- Ability to handle several tasks concurrently.
- Willing to work necessary hours in order to meet customer demand as well as the objectives of the business running a three-shift operation.
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Restrictions are limited only by the individual’s inability to perform essential job duties and where an unsafe condition would result for the individual or surrounding employees.
- Ability to handle stress in a productive working environment.
M/F/D/V Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law
Pall Corporation - 13 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...