Position Summary: This position will provide a broad range of support to Company objectives, strategic goals, and human resources initiatives.
- Participates in business planning activities for the purpose of ensuring the proper utilization of human resources in achieving business goals and objectives.
- Acts as the lead in employee relations activities in the absence of the Employee Relations Manager.
- Act as the liaison between the plant and federal, state and local organizations to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and to ensure the plant meets its community responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications and/or meetings; provides daily administration of HR policies.
- Communications: Provide effective employee communications through a variety of methods, such as bulletin board notices, posters, newsletters, slide shows and videos.
- Act as the facilitator for the communication policy; provide feedback on the policy to the Employee Relations Manager and Plant Management.
- Create an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees.
- Facilitate post-employment orientation and training program. Work with Training Manager to ensure appropriate trainers are designated to do the training.
- Participate in the development of climate survey (CVR) action plans; follow up to ensure compliance with the plan; coordinate, administer and participate in employee relations activities designed to elevate employee morale and reduce the risk of third party representation.
- Monitor and ensure employee records are maintained and conform to approved guidelines.
- Collect Performance Reviews for location checking for adherence to Performance Planning and Review Policy and schedule.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements or organizational needs; report HR measurable on a timely basis.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory laws and regulations. Stays abreast on changing laws impacting HR to ensure Company compliance.
- Investigate and ensure fair resolution of issues with ZF Transmissions policies and practices.
- Community Relations: Participates in community activities and builds relationships with community representatives.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines.
- Participate with the Management group within his/her assigned work area in all ZF processes including, but not limited to SOP, TS 16949, ISO, etc.
- Other duties as it relates to this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related area or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years as of related experience. Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan and problem solve.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and see the big picture.
- Proficient in analyzing problems and recommend changes to improve performance.
Are you interested?
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Working experience with facilitating groups in various activities.
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
ZF Friedrichshafen - 23 months ago