CubeSmart LP continues to grow!
CubeSmart (NYSE: CUBE) seeks a talented and professional Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This role will support our field operations across the country with an emphasis on employee relations and compliance. An ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years' experience with noted increased responsibility. Ask us about our steady growth, innovative approach to our business, and award-winning WOW! culture.
Provides professional level support to the Human Resource function in the areas of policy development; employee relations and disputes, legislative research, and special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as employee relations representative for employees in the area of conflict resolution
- Conducts thorough investigations on all reported grievances.
- Consults with Department Head to ensure that company policies comply with federal and state law.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable labor laws, preparing reports and maintaining required postings.
- Analysis, maintenance, communication and filing of records required by law or departments and advisement field personnel.
- Reviews and advises field personnel on implementation and execution of all written documentation.
- Provides support to Human Resource policies and procedures to include, but not limited to, research and revisions
- Regular research, review, and recommendations regarding legislative updates
- Performs ad hoc projects with an emphasis on timely research, report development, and presentation
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Follows up on departmental training activities.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with 7+ years human resource generalist experience. SPHR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to deal with difficult situations involving sensitive and confidential employee issues.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate with all levels.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to perform duties independently.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence.
- Computer skills; word processing and spreadsheet software capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively with cross functional groups in solving business problems.