Ascena Retail Group Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly-owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, and Catherines. The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal - we make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best!
At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
The Senior Human Resources Manager will support home office business units across all HR functions, partnering with his/her clients to understand the business units' strategies, analyze business needs, make recommendations and decisions in partnership with client team members and others on the HR Team. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Effective coaching, counseling and issue resolution
- Delivery of quality services across HR administrative and operational functions
- Partner with business units to develop broad recruitment strategies, and initiate, maximize succession planning efforts
- Manage Performance Management and merit increase cycles to ensure quality delivery and rewards consistent with performance results
- Analyze and recommend improvements in programs, policies and processes; implement new ideas and opportunities
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- 5-8 years of HR generalist experience; retail experience in a multi-brand environment strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills with MS Office and HRIS
- Experience requiring high degree of flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency across broad range of Human Resources functions outlined in description above
- Strong management and consultative service skills
- Strong influence, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, follow-up and creative solution generation skills.
- General business acumen and analytical skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Dressbarn, Inc. - 19 months ago