Senior IT Auditor
AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for conducting Information Systems audits of critical systems & infrastructure throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations and formulates recommendations for improvement in operating performance and controls. Auditors will spend 18-24 months on the Corporate Audit staff in a career development rotational program before moving on to other challenging opportunities within the company. Position requires up to 50% travel.
- Lead and execute IT audits execution for a throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations while interacting with their local audit management as necessary
- Coordinate execution of IT audit plans to optimize audit speed and effectiveness
- Coordinate efforts with internal / external audit as appropriate
- Prepare and present IT audit findings to business stakeholders
- Identify and communicate risk & control themes
- Participate in the IT risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned entities and critical systems
Bachelor’s degree and minimum three to five years of work experience obtained with a top-tier consulting or public accounting firm required.
Experience in at least one of the following three areas required:
Execution of Information Systems audits, including Application, Platform (AS400, UNIX, Windows) or General IT Controls.
Implementation of large-scale ERP packages, including SAP, Oracle and other similar systems.
Technical experience with SAP (i.e. Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, FI/CO, etc.) and/or various other financial and business critical applications preferred.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
40-60% travel to AbbVie's International and Domestic locations required.
• Manufacturing and/or international business experience desirable.
• Foreign language skills and/or professional certification (CISA, CPA, MBA) are a plus.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time