Senior IT Auditor
To remain globally competitive, Manulife must continuously explore new products, customers, distribution channels, agents, partnerships and technological solutions. Creative and innovative solutions with speed to market are the focus of the majority of initiatives in Manulife today. It is important for Audit Services to partner with change initiators, to add value in the identification and mitigation of risk.
While remaining totally independent, Audit Services works with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The Senior, IS Auditor is accountable for completing assigned IS and project audit work, and the delivery of high quality, professional, effective, value added and risk based audit services. The senior auditor works under the direction of the audit manager and the audit director. A senior auditor may be assigned responsibility to complete specific components of the audit program or as auditor in-charge of a project, Key Risk and/or SOX Audits.
With direction from the IS Audit Director and the audit in-charge/lead, the Senior IS auditor will assist in the planning and execution of audits involving systems and infrastructure of all types. Specific areas of work will include project audits, technology audits relating to system architecture, design, security, operations and the essential IT governance processes; in addition to the testing of internal controls over financial reporting as per Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR).
department service standards.
- Completes audit assignments in accordance with department standards.
- Perform risk assessments and ensure that audit scope covers all significant risks.
- Work in partnerships with IT and project management teams to anticipate risks and help identify appropriate management practices to address them.
- Manages assignments within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to supervisor or manager.
- Assists audit staff on assigned components of the audit and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
- Assists in assessing risk management practices and provides control consulting services to business unit management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Assists in preparing audit reports, including executive summaries, ratings, making practical and value-added recommendations and to ensure the report is clear, concise, well organized and issued within
- Assists in presenting findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Follow up on open issues/recommendations until resolved as assigned.
- Provide technical audit support to operational auditors and risk management consulting to clients and other audit divisions.
- Receives and provides on the job training and feedback regarding assignments and development to/from staff and management.
situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- University degree required.
- A recognized auditing (CIA, CISA), security (CISSP) and/or project designation (PMP) desirable and preferred.
- At least 3 years internal or external IT audit/security experience and/or 3 years of field IT/projects experience.
- Ability to quickly understand the risk implications introduced by technology on the business, the applications, and on system configurations as well as the technology management processes, analyze complex
About John Hancock:
- Working knowledge of audit, technology platforms for networks and servers, security and control related applications such as Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of IT management and control frameworks, risk management practices, regulatory requirements, and fundamentals of information security management and practices.
- Excellent communications skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate issues and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Ability to carry out plans to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff and audit management.
- Basic supervisory skills.
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and assignments.
At John Hancock you will find a wealth of opportunity both professionally and personally. Whether you take advantage of our continuous training and development offerings or participate in community events, you will have the opportunity to grow. We offer careers from Investments to IT, Finance to Marketing, Sales to Legal, and Actuarial to Human Resources, to name a few.
John Hancock is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services group serving millions of customers in 22 countries and territories worldwide. The Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Each product and service employees its own team to support the sales, marketing, customer service, analysis, and senior management responsibilities.
For more information about our benefits and organization please visit
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Legal & Audit
John Hancock - 15 months ago
John Hancock, the man, was a revolutionary, but the company that bears his name is a bit less fiery. John Hancock Financial Services offers...