- Understand, develop and interpret business requirements for programmers, developers and quality testers. Locate suitable data sources to meet business requirements.
- Analyze data documentation and research complex database content to validate data and map data to the business requirements.
- Participate in fact finding and data mapping discussions with business partners, developers, data source experts and quality testers.
- Generate data sourcing and conditioning rule documentation for use by development team.
- Document and resolve issues of missing data, data trends and data quality deficiencies.
- Create test plans and test packages (includes scripts and standardized results) to ensure data will meet business requirements.
- Represent data sourcing status with project leadership/team.
- Bring creative approaches to trouble-shooting data accuracy issues.
- Validate the quality of input data (key business elements) during monthly Production processing.
- Candidate MUST demonstrate proficiency in:
1. Testing, logging and resolving data accuracy and completeness issues
2. Analyzing account data including understanding critical (key) business data elements
3. Writing simple-to-complex SQL queries to extract data for analysis, trending and testing from Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, DB2 and other databases
4. Using Microsoft Office Tools particularly Excel (Pivot Tables)
5. Writing effective business requirements, data sourcing rules and test plans
6. Must enjoy data analysis and data mapping
7. Must have aptitude for how business uses the data
8. Reconciliation of principal balance variances to accounting systems/general ledger
Indeed - 12 months ago