Function of the Position:
This is an analysis and relationship management position in the Information Technology (IT) department, acting as a liaison with USP’s business and science divisions. The incumbent is expected to
Lead discussions with customers and IT project teams to translate business needs into effective requirements statements,
Assess the business impact of requested and ongoing systems improvements,
Participate on project teams to ensure that implementation satisfies the business needs and maximizes process and system integration,
Facilitate the use of existing systems by identifying where requests can be addressed by current end user functionality and by helping users take advantage of that functionality,
Help define the strategy, processes and tools used to ensure IT resources are aligned with projects of the highest organizational value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal clients (all Divisions) to identify business needs and translates those into functional requirements;
- Accurately represents customer desires and needs on IT projects;
- Participates in enterprise-level project teams (TiGR/CFG) to identify and implement process and system improvements;
- Works with stakeholders to identify improvements and assess their enterprise priority;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Determines the appropriate course of action for new requests: immediate resolution through existing functionality, support request for quick implementation, or as part of a larger project;
- Reviews project deliverables for quality;
- Actively manages customer expectations and communicates status of pending projects;
- Tracks backlog of requests and works with customers to incorporate these into subsequent projects based on priority;
- Mentors other Business Analysts and Project Managers filling the BA role on best practices and techniques.
- Helps the Director define Business Analysis strategies and processes.
- Compiles multiple conversations into a concise description of the business need;
- Defines solution characteristics;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in process modeling, requirements gathering, gap analysis, use case diagramming, data conversion, and support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience managing relationships outside your department or organization.
- Proven technology leadership skills at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment, and make key decisions in a timely manner.
- Proven success as a business analyst, with demonstrated ability to build and achieve consensus.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively as team member with outside divisions and departments.
- Ability to recognize strategic IT needs and make recommendations to fulfill the requirements.
- Experience with industry standard requirements definition and diagramming tools.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated expertise in writing and presentation.
- Record of consistently high performance and achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or Engineering. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.
- Twelve years overall experience in IT projects and application software with 8+ years experience as business analyst focused on IT systems.
- Nine or more years experience managing relationships outside your department or organization.
- Business process expertise in four or more of the following (Inventory, Accounting and Billing, Finance/Controlling, HR/Benefits/Payroll, Procurement, Contract Management, Manufacturing, Laboratory Operations, Sales and Marketing, Quality Assurance, Legal/Regulatory Affairs, Public Relations, Meeting Planning).
- Ability to produce quality requirements documents, process maps, use case diagrams, and other key artifacts.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Six Sigma Green belt/Black belt preferred.
US Pharmacopeial - 17 months ago