Job Title: Senior IT Internal Auditor
VeriFone is looking for an IT Internal Auditor to join the Company’s Global Internal Audit team. The primary responsibilities of this position include performing IT system and process audits as well as financial and operational audits of the Company’s business units, subsidiaries and outsourced operations. This is an individual contributor position reporting directly to the Senior Director of Global Internal Audit.
This position will require the candidate to work either independently, or side by side with IT professionals on specific audit projects, and assist the VFI Global Audit team as audit projects are assigned. As an IT, auditor you must have broad audit experience and the ability to interact with management at all levels. This position requires excellent communication skills as well as a strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and IT audit techniques.
This position is responsible for generating value added recommendations to enhance the Company’s overall internal control of its operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• This position is responsible for identifying risks, assessing the design of processes, testing processes and related controls, detailing exceptions, working with technology owners to identify solutions, promoting solutions to management. This also includes overseeing remediation actions for compliance-related processes (i.e., PCI) and other state and federal regulatory standards and contractual requirements.
• This also requires the auditor to be responsible for the planning, executing and completing all audit fieldwork according to the established schedule, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and the preparation of the audit reports as well as documenting controls. Additionally this position requires the candidate to:
o Work with various businesses and IT groups to understand how IT systems are used in accordance with established policies, processes, and controls to ensure solutions not only meet compliance and security objectives but also scale with the business and improve operational efficiencies.
o Identify gaps in the design and implementation of IT processes and controls.
o Perform and coordinate all audit and assessment testing as needed to meet the requirements of multiple compliance organizations.
o Identify and recommend valued solutions for compliance gaps.
o Develop and maintain automated audit and testing tools.
o Create and maintain detailed project tasks and be able to effectively communicate across multiple functional teams to build positive relationships and partner ships.
• Establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adoption of internal control principles. Be a team player and embrace the Company’s compliance principles as a key component of the audit process.
• Execute an efficient and effective audit approach as defined by Internal Audit management and ensure that all assigned work is completed according to schedule and within the established budget parameters.
• Communicate effectively with all IA management team and all other management levels throughout the audit process to ensure adherence to work plans, schedules, and that audit concerns and proactive resolutions are addressed.
• Utilize generally accepted accounting principles, best practices and good business practices in the performance of all audit work. Ensure audit focus is based upon factual evidence to improve overall internal controls.
• Document and actively participate in the development of the audit procedures performed as well as the preparation of noted concerns for audit report inclusion.
• Perform any special projects as assigned by Global Internal Audit management.
• Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered. Perform all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Institute of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Knowledge & Experience:
• BA/BS degree in accounting, information systems, or other degree having a focus on information systems. Equivalent work experience highlighting testing of internal controls will be considered.
• 4+ years of work experience in performing information systems audits.
• Experience in performing audits under SAS 70, Web Trust, PCI, and other standards is a plus.
• Industry experience, especially system administration and/or script/software development, is a plus
• CISA, CISSP, and/or CPA certifications are highly preferred!
• Direct experience with internal control and IT governance and audit frameworks from multiple sources.
• Have written IT policies, controls, test plans, and working papers that support external audits and/or management control assertions
• Strong understanding of general IT controls (aka ITGCs such as Change Management, SDLC, User Provisioning, Configuration Management, etc.)
• Broad knowledge of IT concepts, including networking (switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls), operating systems (Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), databases (Oracle, Teradata, MySQL), middleware and layered products (Apache HTTPd, JBoss, Tomcat), and applications (ERP systems, 2-tier, 3-tier, etc.).
• Familiarity with programming/scripting language (Bash, Perl, PHP, etc.) and database design and programming (MySQL, Oracle), with a strong desire to learn more and be hands-on.
• General knowledge of COSO, COBIT, ITIL, PCI_DSS and PCAOB Audit Standards.
Skills & Ability:
• Excellent problem identification, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal English skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to work well and effectively on a team as well as independently with limited supervision (i.e., self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines).
• Excellent presentation, project management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to grasp the essence of new technical concepts and explain the technical jargon in simplified terms.
• Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment.
• Desire to be challenged on a daily basis and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Demonstrable passion for information technology and commitment to life-long learning
• Utilizes audit objectives and procedures to review and assess the adequacy and application of internal controls through corporate operations. This may require the development and refinement of audit programs, questionnaires, or other audit tools.
• Be computer literate and have experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools (such as ACL, spreadsheets, database tools).
• Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the Company’s operations.
• There may be up to 50% international travel required and the candidate must be able to travel to all VeriFone locations worldwide.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Verifone - 20 months ago
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...