Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Senior IT Manager
Project & System Executions: 30-40%
1. Oversee one or many project teams as needed to support Business Area or Company projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
2. Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLA s and functional needs of one or many Business Areas or the Company. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
3. Develop and maintain program, project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
4. Manage relationships with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMG and the IT department.
Application, Data & Technical Strategy: 10-15%
1. Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, technologies, processes staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
2. Drive long-term technology planning processes (18 month system plans). Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship: 20-30%
1. Understand business needs and processes for areas of responsibility. Proactively work with Business Leaders, understand their business plans to help craft their plans into projects. Ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Areas.
2. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
People Leadership: 20-30%
1. Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate managers and team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
2. Define application development/infrasturcture team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area results.
3. Communicate and reinforce CMG/IT/application/infrastructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
4. Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
1. College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Seven years data processing experience with progression through technical and analyst, or equivalent, levels to management. This includes three years experience in the direction of systems development.
3. Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 8+ years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPK20132904-69562
CUNA Mutual Group - 7 months ago