FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting applications until 5:00 P.M., on Monday, July 22, 2013 TENTATIVE TEST DATE: Oral Interview * August 13, 2013 SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION. THE POSITION The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Senior IT Analyst in the Information & Technology Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.
to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available. DEFINITION To plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of an assigned information technology area such as development, internet, network, network security, systems administration, and telecommunications; to manage related operational data processing systems; and to perform a variety of professional and technical tasks related to assigned responsibilities. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS The Senior Information Technology Analyst is the advanced journey level in the Information Technology Analyst class series.
Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the level of responsibility assumed, complexity of duties assigned, independence of action taken, by the amount of time spent performing the duties, and by the nature of the public contact made. Employees perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series and provide technical and functional supervision over professional and technical personnel. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED Receives general direction from an Information Technology Program Manager. Exercises technical and functional supervision over assigned professional and technical personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: *Plan, prioritize, and review the work of personnel assigned to an information technology function. *Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. *Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications. *Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
AND Training: *Equivalent to a Bachelor*s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, GIS, or a related field. License or Certificate *Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver*s license. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONAIRE 1. How do you balance employee demand for more flexibility with growing security constrains?
- Provide and/or ensure follow up on trouble calls/tickets; correspond with or meet customers as needed to understand and resolve concerns. *Perform the most difficult and complex work related to assigned information technology area. *Participate in strategic planning efforts with respect to improving information technology service delivery. *Research technical details related to assigned information technology area; produce documentation and detailed drawings.
- Configure, test, evaluate and implement equipment and systems. *Coordinate and monitor operational systems according to assigned area. *Evaluate operations and activities of assigned support area; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities. *Participate in the development of Requests for Proposal; assist with the selection and oversight of consultants and vendors.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration for assigned projects. *Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service. *Perform related duties as assigned. Experience and Training Experience: *Three years of responsible experience performing duties similar to that of an Information Technology Analyst II with the City of Roseville.
2. Please describe your experience with Network Security including a difficult network security incident you have worked on. Provide details about your role, the nature of the incident, and what you did to address it. 3.
Please describe the most difficult business problem you have solved, how you contributed, and what the outcome was. 4. Please describe your experience developing/engineering a network design that you consider complex. Describe the requirements that made the design complex and the equipment type and brand you used to implement your solution.
5. Please describe your most recent experience as a technical lead, your responsibilities, and challenges you faced as a lead. To view the complete job description and to apply, please visit out website at www.roseville.ca.us/jobs/default.asp. We do not accept resumes in lieu of a completed application.
Dice - 8 months ago