Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Has overall responsibilities for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit. Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Incumbent is responsible for coordinating the management of the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business unit(s). Monitors project activities; ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information; and providing consistency in content and 'look and feel' across the enterprise. The position is located at The Methodist Hospital Holly Hall office: 2525 Holly Hall, Houston, TX 77054.
Education / Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus required.
2. PMI Certification required or equivalent project management experience.
3. Minimum 10 years of Project Management experience implementing large scale IT projects, preferably within IT Clinical systems.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
5. Strong project coordination skills with the ability to multitask while developing, managing and delivering multiple large scale projects in a cross-functional environment using leading-edge technology.
6. Solid understanding of the software development process and how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage.
7. Strong analysis, design, and implementation experience with technologies.
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are met.
10. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
11. Demonstrated ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers).
12. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Methodist Hospital System - 13 months ago