Position: Senior IT Security Analyst
Location: Columbia, MD
Type: Full-Time Position
Compensation: Competitive Salary; Full Benefits
The Senior Security Analyst is responsible for technical aspects of enforcing Information Security Policy and collaborating with Infrastructure Security Manager to formulate solutions and make recommendations for improving information security. The Senior Security Analyst is also responsible for deploying security based products that integrate to form a comprehensive security solution. The person in this position interacts with all IT functional areas (e.g. Production Control, Infrastructure Applications, Business Applications, Operations, Helpdesk, Desktop support, Business Application development and support) to assist and guide in multiple aspects and areas of Information Security. Senior Security Analyst is responsible for maintaining all aspects of configuration and management of the Security Portal, working as a primary contact for all technical aspects with the SaaS vendor. Senior Security Analyst is responsible for developing security strategy of protecting Process Control networks.
- Monitor, administer and analyze configuration and functional of the security portal to ensure that appropriate alarms, thresholds, and reports are setup. Configure automated reports and notifications to proactively monitor security of the critical components within Grace networks.
- Provide information security threat analysis and information security risk management
- Lead development and act as a point of contact for Computer Security Incident Response Plan. Provide malware and virus remediation.
- Lead deployments of security based products that integrated to form a comprehensive security solution. Provide support for the security infrastructure upon deployment.
- Establish security strategy of protecting Process Control Networks
- Configure security-related reports that will be submitted to Senior Management
- Lead development of the company wide Infrastructure Security Awareness training program
- Perform other duties as identified or assigned
- 3-5 years direct experience with network and information security principles and operations, with 2 years working as a Network Security Specialist.
- 5-7 years technical networking IT experience including hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, debugging.
- Bachelors degree in computer related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking, and be comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Understanding of the OSI model and which protocols / applications function at each layer.
- Intimate understanding of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols, ability to read, analyze, and parse network packet captures using various toolsets
- US Citizenship is required.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
SDSE - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard