Senior IT Support Specialist
If you're reading this posting, it means you're looking for a new opportunity. Maybe you have some good IT leadership and Tier 2 experience, but want to grow and tackle more challenges. Maybe you want the variety of supporting everything from Linux based machines to iPhone devices. Maybe you have some Mac experience and you're looking for a role where you can expand that. Maybe you just want something besides the "typical" help desk job.
Well, we're not your typical company and this isn't your typical Senior IT Support Specialist role. You won't be stuck behind a desk all day, taking phone calls and telling people how to reboot their machines. Well, sometimes, you'll be behind a desk (and you will have to help co-workers reboot), but you never know what the next phone call may bring. Maybe your day will start with something easy like a password reset. However, you could just as easily find yourself creating scripted installs for our KACE software deployment tool. Sure, you get the easy wins, like changing toner, but you also get to work with the fun stuff like organizing a company wide teleconference via Perfect VC. Our IT Support team is small, which means you're providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 solutions to a company who is grateful for your knowledge and support. As a Senior IT Support Specialist, you will also be tackling those special projects that require your expertise and outstanding problem solving skills.
Does this appeal to you:
If you're the person who is going to bring savvy technical skills, superior customer service and a good attitude to take us that last .7% in our next company satisfaction survey, then apply today!
- Being part of a group with a 99.3% company satisfaction rating. That's right, we LOVE our IT support team.
- Being part of a company that was one of the first in the Portland area to use Linux in a production environment. We think outside the box at Rentrak!
- Being a hero to your co-workers because you made their iPhone work or got them access to that Google Doc they need for a meeting in 5 minutes.
What are the typical duties of this job? See below:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service to all clients by ensuring timely resolution to technical requests. Meet or exceed expectations set in the Help Desk SLA.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with hardware, software and all user devices.
- Install and configure software, related hardware and mobile devices for all users both remote and local.
- Provide technical support and training to end users.
- Configure and deploy equipment for new users and provide technical training as needed.
- Establish a professional and positive rapport with customers.
- Document all requests within KACE system and ensure reported status is accurate.
- Create and maintain images used on Rentrak computers.
- Create and maintain documentation on standard operating procedures.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the Help Desk knowledgebase.
- Evaluate software and hardware solutions for use in the Rentrak environment.
- Manage advanced projects as needed.
What would make you the perfect candidate? Here's the list:
- Weekly rotating after hours support. (IT Support is here for our co-workers 24/7)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Minimum five years of professional experience servicing and supporting small and medium business networks products with 3 years in a Tier 2 support role.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Mac (IOS systems).
- Minimum of two years relevant IT leadership experience.
- Proficient in implementing and supporting Microsoft operating systems, wide variety of applications, and networking technologies.
- Demonstrable experience supporting local and remote offices.
- Effective relationship management, communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated success dealing effectively with customers, vendors, peers and senior management.
- Familiarity with LAN, WAN and VoIP technologies.
- Linux experience preferred.
- Google Aps enterprise experience required.
- VOIP phone systems experience preferred.
- A+ certification preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak participates in eVerify. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
*No recruiters or agencies please.
Rentrak Corporation - 19 months ago