Create and maintain quality system requirements that are used by application programmers to automate business functions based upon the project plan
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Evaluates proposed system changes on moderately complex applications to determine effort, impact, and time line within their area of responsibility.
2. Considers system capacity, limitations, and operating time while completing assignments.
3. Interprets requirements (written or oral) into technical program specifications for projects within their area of responsibility.
4. Participates in analytical activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
5. Generates moderately complex software requirements, document and manage them throughout the software development lifecycle.
6. Has thorough system knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis including but not limited to program design, testing, debugging, documenting, configuring, installing, etc.
7. Has system assurance responsibilities and after hours on call support.
8. Self-monitors assignments to report status to project teams and management.
9. Interacts and communicates effectively with all business contacts.
10. Responsible for assignment completion and user satisfaction on moderately complex assignments.
11. Use system and business knowledge to optimize delivery and quickly resolve issues.
12. Translates moderately complex business and system needs for developers.
13. Drives quality improvements - measures, monitors and analyzes production quality trends.
14. Ensures moderately complex system solutions provided meet business needs.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
1. At a minimum share weekly assigned tasks and effort for both project progress and system issues.
2. Update the Performance Objectives/Evaluation document.
3. Make suggestions and track internal and external EODB.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent education and experience preferred. Must have thorough knowledge of at least one applications programming system and competent to work at a high technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities. Must possess very good problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills and abilities as generally acquired through one year of experience. Should be willing to develop an understanding of the insurance business.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 17 months ago