• Certificate in quality management or patient safety strongly recommended. (CPHQ, CQM, ASQ certification, Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Certification)
• Master’s degree in a health-related field. Candidates with a bachelor’s Degree and significant relevant work experience with an established record of success may be considered
• Knowledge of medical terminology, clinical workflow, clinical documentation and use of electronic health records and the organizational structure of healthcare systems is required. Clinical experience is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of full time work experience as a healthcare improvement professional, using tools and methods for clinical quality improvement, performance measurement, patient safety, and change management, and an established record of successful management of cross functional improvement teams
• Experience applying data analysis to drive fact-based decisions
• Experience building and facilitating highly functional teams that cross multiple departments and functions
• Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve expected outcomes
• History of working effectively in situations where there is a need to demonstrate sophisticated leadership skills to achieve the expected results
• History of successful mentoring and coaching of colleagues
• Extensive experience providing consultation and serving in an advisory role
• Project management experience, including experience managing multiple projects while working collaboratively with partners and adapting the style to the needs of the group
• Process management experience
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables), PowerPoint and Visio.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Access, REDCap, or other database tools.
• Experience using business analytic, process management and statistical analysis software such as Minitab and SAS is desired
Experience using data visualization tools, such as QlikView or Tableau is desired
• Expertise in organizational dynamics, change theory, reliability and safety science, improvement methods and tools, measurement and statistical process control
• Ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Senior Improvement Advisor (Sr. IA) uses the science and methods of patient safety and quality improvement to accelerate organizational transformation by advising on the identification, planning and execution of improvement efforts throughout the organization, by modeling the use of a standard framework for managing improvement projects, by acting as a expert consultant and educator on improvement science and through data driven decision making via performance measurement and analysis. The Sr. IA also serves as an organizational champion for patient safety.
This position will support the Clinical Pathways Program and will be responsible for several clinical pathway initiatives in different stages of development. The position will involve some program management responsibilities, such as organizing and leading steering committee meetings, drafting budgets and job descriptions, and coordinating program wide activities such as visual and language standards for pathways, internal and external communications, and project management tools (Sharepoint, Asana). The position will also involve direct participation in and coordination of individual pathway development initiatives, including team formation, facilitation of pathway development and monitoring, and liaison to hospital support structures (web team, analytics and reporting team, clinical decision support team, analytics and reporting team). The Senior IA will also have an opportunity to assist in the development of data visualization tools utilizing the QlikView application, and so experience with data visualization software (QlikView, Tableau) is desired, but not necessary (training will be provided).
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 13 months ago