• Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision calculations in accordance with FAS 109 principles including review annual income and expense forecast, determine GAAP items, FIN 48 and FAS 123R.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of U.S federal and state income tax returns including U.S information returns for CFC’s (Form 5471 and 8858)
• Assist with the preparation and filing of the federal extension and estimated tax payments
• Prepare and file of HST, GST, and VAT returns.
• Responsible for monthly income tax accounts reconciliations
• Work with foreign subsidiaries regarding financial packages in preparation for the U.S consolidated income tax returns
• Perform E&P computation, Subpart F and 956 analysis
• Prepare transfer pricing studies to support cost plus arrangement between the U.S Company and its foreign subsidiaries
• Assist with the calculation of appropriate U.S cost sharing for foreign subsidiaries
• Coordinate appropriate documentation of tax processes with key controls for SOX 404
• Assist with the IRS audits and other types of audits by state and local taxing authorities
• Respond to information requests or notices from taxing authorities.
• Perform research related to ongoing tax issues and law changes.
• Assist with tax related special projects
• 8+ years of relevant experience and a B.S. or B.A. in accounting or finance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel/Word /Power Point and various tax libraries such as RIA, BNA and CCH.
• Experience with Oracle Applications 11.5.10 and Equity Edge Report
• Must be detail-oriented and diligent, with a hands-on approach.
• Able to communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax personnel and work effectively with all levels of internal process owners and external advisors.
Harmonic Inc. - 22 months ago