Senior Industrial Designer- Award Design and Development
Key responsibilities: delight clients through the design and creation of awards that we manufacture. Leverage internal and external expertise through design, research, strategy, consultation, prototyping and execution. Lead and mentor design teams; and help create a world-class award design practice.
Competencies: advanced sketching ability, a general understanding of materials and processes related to: plastics, acrylic, crystal, glass, Lucite, wood, paper/packaging, precious metals and other metals including: aluminum, steel, nickel, brass and zinc. A solid understanding of proportion, scale and dimension as it applies to products and related packaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide creative industrial design leadership from design concepts through development and implementation.
2. Provide clear and concise design recommendations with respect to cost, schedule, manufacturing and quality through perspective drawings, mock-ups, models, verbal descriptions and control line drawings.
3. Lead project management and team communication and final product evaluations
4. Specify materials to be used in production, engineering consultation
5. Collaborate well with manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales team, etc.
6. Stay informed of new developments, techniques, manufacturing and prototyping processes, materials, competitive products, etc. Consults on new manufacturing prototyping and production processes
5+ years Industrial Design experience
Have a working knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, including CNC
Be a self-starter, creative, ambitious and organized. Able to plan project timelines and lead others to meet deadlines.
Proven 2D and 3D CAD modeling and rendering.
Ability to generate presentation visuals from sketch work and CAD data.
Demonstrate good judgment in making decisions that impact our company and clients.
BS/BFA degree in Fine Art / Design/ Illustration or related fields and/or equivalent experience preferred.
Must be PC and Mac literate and proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as rendering software such as: Alias, 3DS Max and V-Ray. Test for software proficiency required.
Open to internal and external candidates
Will report to: Sandra Christensen
O.C. Tanner - 11 months ago