The Senior Information Architect Supervisor leads the creation of a logical and easily navigable user experience, including user interfaces, navigational rules, information organization, site maps, and planning as it relates to the customer’s experience on UPS.com. He/She uses industry standard design methodologies, usability study analytics, and we bsite heuristics to design interactive web application interfaces for UPS.com. This position supervises technical writers and administrative assistants, depending on project needs.
He/She will conduct research on current web design and user experience best practices to facilitate process improvements within the user experience team as well as collaborate with the cross-functional teams to update the user design standards and develop new technology prototypes. The Senior Information Architect Supervisor will serve as the Interaction Design subject matter expert (SME) for cross functional teams to provide a consistent user experience across all of ups.com. He/She will discuss potential impacts with business sponsors to assess business needs and strategic goals in addition to providing resource estimates for the Information Architect role to cross-functional team to confirm support of project initiatives
- Delivers presentations to user experience senior management to provide information on the strategic vision of UPS.com (e.g., new technology concepts, supported research data, potential project ideas, etc.).
- Partners with Consumer Technology and Marketing sponsors to transform new product or application improvement ideas into project definition documents supported by marketing and usability research
- Designs annotated wireframes, screen flows, and interaction concepts to visually provide user experience, business-initiated design changes to the application team for functional development.
- Presents wireframe mockups and prototypes for team review (e.g., project sponsors, application architects, business analysts, etc.) to ensure comprehension and agreement of changes prior to functional requirements development.
- Persuades cross-functional team, using usability research evidence and user experience guidelines, to incorporate long-range user interface design goals into UPS.com design strategy
- Attends business requirement meetings to understand business needs, use cases, project objectives, and project scope.
- Provides user experience feedback to cross-functional teams to present business requirements and expected design impacts.
- Highlights cross-project impacts and reuse opportunities to assist with cost control management.
- Approves functional requirements documentation to represent Interactive Communications acceptance of documented design details and resolutions
- Determines the need for usability research based on project definition documents or business requirements to facilitate usability test execution tasks (e.g., screener questionnaires, test scenarios, data analysis requirements, etc.).
- Moderates usability testing sessions to collect customer interaction data.
- Analyzes customer interaction data via various usability design concepts to develop optimal user experience reports that support customer and business needs.
- Presents report analyses to cross-functional teams to incorporate overall strategic user experience standards into UPS.com
- Reviews business needs outlined in project definition documents to determine impacts to existing applications or creation of new application functionality.
- Identifies the main message in documents; explains the importance of timely and relevant communication; demonstrates a basic understanding of the different channels available for communication
- Uses the research problem to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking; develops a working knowledge of literature related to the research problem; minimizes personal biases that may impact the research process or outcomes; gathers data that represent all sides of the business case
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing; drafts standard specialized or technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user’s perspective when creating technical documents
- Leverages technological knowledge to achieve business objectives; resolves technological issues impeding work; adapts technological information, facts, or data to varying situations or groups; recommends changes to technological approach based upon knowledge of trends and best practices
- Microsoft Office products or equivalent software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Marketing, Communications)
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 12 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...