Senior Information Engineer
: Rancho Bernardo, CA
Teradata Information Engineering is seeking a Project Lead to join our team of talented information developers. The new team member will be responsible for managing hardware and software documentation projects, from planning through delivery, to support Engineering programs. The information is developed in a component content management system (CCMS), and is published in a variety of forms and formats, including end-user guides, internal technical support documents, and online help. Candidates must be able to rapidly develop breadth of expertise in the hardware and software products comprising the Teradata data warehousing environment.
Job tasks will include:
• Develop expertise in DITA-based CCMS (Astoria Software) and DITA authoring tool (XMetaL)
• Work in Agile environment
• Drive deliverables, schedules, and resources to meet project requirements
• Analyze existing and potential content for information deliverables, focusing on reuse and filtered single-sourcing opportunities
• Develop content according to DITA standards and Teradata style
• Perform content reviews to ensure accuracy and adherence to standards
• Collaborate with information developers and architect on your project team to ensure consistent direction
• Collaborate with project leads across teams to ensure consistency in process and content
• Bachelor’s degree, first degree, or equivalent experience in Technical Communications
• At least 8 years as technical writer for complex systems
• Experience in a single sourcing environment using structured writing techniques
• Knowledge of project management concepts and tools
• Understanding of data warehousing concepts
• Proficiency in DITA and an XML editor
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Americas-United States-California-San Diego
R&D Eng Ops and Finance
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...