NCI: As an Senior Information Security Analyst Site Lead ( Information Security Analyst IV ) you will be providing customer support to the US Air Force Academy (USAFA) in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO. Your expertise will be instrumental in maintaining the security posture and FISMA compliance on USAFA networks. System/network security hardening is critical to prevent insider/outsider malicious activity. You will implement, document, and report your activities to the SAF/DoD through the Certification & Accreditation (C&A) process. USAFA requires IA support, security testing, validation and risk mitigation, and C&A consistent with DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) on multiple networks across the Academy. There are currently at least 30 Networks and Systems at USAFA. You will have the exciting and challenging opportunity to apply your technological skills in building, maintaining, delivering, and documenting your efforts throughout this opportunity. You’ll also be part of the NCI family, a worldwide provider of leading-edge enterprise services and solutions to Defense, Intelligence, Healthcare, and Civilian Government Agencies. As an NCI team member, you’ll be at the tip-of-the-spear in reshaping the way services and solutions are delivered to our customers to proactively understand and meet their mission needs. NCI offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, professional development, and the chance to make a difference. Come grow with us!
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Oversees on-site personnel and Information Security operational activities as Site Lead
- Modifies computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status
- Performs risk assessments and executes tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures
- Develops plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs
- Initiates, implements and develops information security and disaster discovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards
- Performs and evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule and promotes information security awareness within the organization
- Conducts manual and automated analysis using DISA STIGs and associated scanning tools of switches, routers, and firewalls for vulnerabilities. Report findings & recommended solutions
- Supervise on-site personnel as required
- Certified at DoD 8570.01 certification Level 2
- Familiarity with DoD Information Assurance C&A Process (DIACAP) and the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Capable of obtaining a DIACAP Knowledge Service (DKS) login (PKI-enabled), access to DISA STIGs (to include PKI-enabled DISA webpages), NIST webpage access, Common Criteria webpage access, AF Community of Practice (CoP), and SAF PKI-enabled websites
- Develop a mitigation plan (Plan Of Action & Milestones (POA&M)) to bring network security issues (on switches, routers, firewalls, servers, client machines) into compliance for the following networks/ systems/enclaves:
- ResearchNet / ResearchNet sub-enclaves (i.e. Castlenet, FTN, and educational/Research Labs)
- 3 IP and 6 ISDN VTCs
- DF Functional Servers & Moodle Servers
- Educational/ Research Lab systems
- Must have experience performing Linux & Windows OS testing
- Must be able to manually and accurately conduct scans on UNIX and Windows platforms
- Must have experience performing C&A work on networks/ systems/enclaves in an AFNET environment
- Must be able to write and prepare C&A packages in both .EDU and research environments
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (or 10-15 years of related experience)
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...