Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
A&M's Forensic Technology team comprises senior forensic and information security technologists, who bring deep expertise in Computer Science and Information Systems, and offer a hands-on approach to collecting, preserving and analyzing electronic information.
This is a senior technical role in the practice. This person will be an “in demand” asset with high utilization, working multiple projects, giving guidance to other consultants from a technical perspective. The position holder will be equally comfortable designing secure solutions as investigating incidents.
- Design secure solutions for use within A&M infrastructure used by both clients and staff.
- Contributes to the pre-sales process through in-person and remote sales presentations.
- Key role in the preparation of the technical approach for RFP responses.
- Provides technical guidance to the information protection practice staff through mentoring and creation of white papers.
- Examines existing client architecture, infrastructure, system, applications and operating practices including planned developments
- Defines client enterprise security architecture - wide security technology strategy including both network and applications.
- Responsible to support client IT systems development and architecture and that they are employing effective security policies and information protection strategies.
- Working with clients to develop, maintain, and publish corporate information security standards, procedures, and guidelines, based on established best practice and latest thinking in Cyber Security prevention, detection and response.
- Provides technical guidance to clients for example, information "owners," corporate security officers, IT staff.
- Designs architectures for network vulnerability monitoring and security compliance.
- Preferred a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Advanced Degree in related discipline highly desirable.
- Information Assurance Related Certifications desirable.
- At minimum 5 years experience developing architectures and strategy for operational deployment of information security controls to protect corporate wide data.
- Certification in security such as CISSP, GIAC, or others showing detailed working knowledge of security.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior level staff and executive leadership, and working in a consulting environment for clients.
- Maintains leadership and currency with trends in IT security and evidence of being up to date with current cyber security issues and attack vectors.
- Experience in using diagnostic tools such as Enterprise Compromise Assessment Tool (ECAT), EnCase or FTK Enterprise, Netwitness, Qualys, etc.
- Knowledge of log aggregation and analysis tools and techniques for data correlation.
- Should demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills.
- Should have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills leading others in projects, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- The ability to work under stress including delivery under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated background showing results in delivering projects.
- The ability to communicate and develop sound business relationships at all levels.
- The ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a logical manner, taking corrective and preventative measures and taking initiatives for the follow up and resolution of issues and the establishment of long term solutions.
- Ability to facilitate, build consensus and develop requirements across diverse business groups.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...