We have an immediate need for a Senior Information Security Engineer to be a member of our Information Security Operations Cyber Security Incident Response Team. As part of our CIRT, you will protect and monitor our network, enforce corporate policy, and keep our computing resources safe from attacks, intrusions, unauthorized activity. The Senior Information Security Engineer will be responsible for the identification, prioritization and response to all information security incidents on the CenturyLink network.
- Support and enhance CenturyLink's abilities to detect and respond to security incidents including internal events, targeted attacks and other cyber incidents.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of modern hacker tools, methodology, and attack trends.
- Identify and mitigate real-time attacks through the leveraging of multiple sourced, correlated data such as host and network based IDS/IPS data, forensic data, and antivirus. This could include signature, flow, anomaly, and full packet capture analysis.
- Maintain incident documentation, participate in post-mortems and write incident reports.
- Recommend security best practices and system configuration standards.
- Analyze malware, network indicators, and call back channels, and design and implement detection mechanisms.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self starter, ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of common computing attack vectors.
- Considered expert in one (or more) of the following areas: Networking, Operating System (MS/Unix/Linux), Database, or programming skills.
- Five+ years of dedicated Incident Response and Computer Forensics work experience.
- Professional/technical certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst ((GCFA), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware ((GREM), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) or equivalent certifications in these areas.
- Development experience in scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 3 years ago - save job
James Hardie Industries N.V. manufactures and sells fibre cement building products for interior and exterior building construction...