Sr. Project Manager
World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) is a leading Systems Integrator and Value Added Reseller providing technology products, services, and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. WWT’s proven processes span the technology implementation lifecycle as we provide customers with advanced technology solutions, such as Unified Communications, Security, Data Center, Wireless Mobility and eCommerce. Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. The company is also one of the world’s largest Cisco Gold resellers, and was recognized as Cisco’s North American Partner of the Year. Other Strategic OEM Partnerships include; HP, Dell, NetApp, EMC, Citrix, VMware and Sun. WWT employs over 2,200 people, and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. In recent news, WWT is proud to announce that it has been named #24 on the 2013 FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list.
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Sr. Project Manager within the Professional Services Department. A minimum of five years experience in a Professional Services environment, leading complex Information Technology projects is required.
This position will be working in Honolulu, HI. Please note, you must already reside in HI or in the process of relocating to HI.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects
- Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by regional goals and customer satisfaction
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects
- Minimizes our exposure and risk across multiple projects
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Manages and analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects
- Reviews high-level deliverables across projects
- Minimum five years of Project Management experience. PMP certification is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field
- Excellent understanding of financial processes; ability to understand, analyze and create financial reports
- Working knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Proven experience with people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Experience in effectively influencing and leading personnel and the ability to write business reports in a well-organized manner
- Strong team skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Proficiency with project management software