Senior Infrastructure VMWare Architect
Remote Work Authorized
Dec 5, 2012, 1:07:12 PM
CSC is hiring Senior Infrastructure VMWare Architect. The ideal candidate will have experience in Installing, configuring and providing high-level technical support for VMWare within an enterprise-level environment This candidate will Design and implement disaster recovery solutions for VMware environments using Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the subject matter expert for a program or portfolio of applications and serves as the system architecture authority within that scope.
- Defines technology-based business solutions within scope of project. Leads project teams in the appropriate use of technology.
- Reviews and approves design decisions, within established level of authority, prior to implementation.
- Assists in advising client company management regarding IT vision and strategy, technology innovations and enterprise architecture services. Provides production problem diagnosis and technical, offshore strategy and processes support to project team. Assists in implementing resolution.
- Leads system design activities and/or reviews system designs to assure that applications solutions will exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Leads technology and product general assessments, detailed evaluations, and final selections.
- Leads system performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities.
- Assists in the preparation of IT vision and strategy work products, technology and product analysis, white papers, and responses to management queries on technology and product related topics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of information technology experience
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Five or more years of experience in Installing, configuring and providing high-level technical support for VMWare within an enterprise-level environment
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions for VMware environments using Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Directly work with the VMware and HP vendor engineers to set up and maintain a Data center
- One or more skills in the day to day data center operations is required - maintenance, backup, restore, monitoring and reporting
- Good knowledge in Network devices - Switches, Load Balancer, Firewall, etc.,
- Work with other IT teams and business units to propose and implement best practices
- VMWare Certifications and other networking certifications is an added advantage
- Redhat Linux experience is a plus
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with industry specific technology
- Experience working with technology used by a specific industry or business area
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with various levels of internal staff, management and clients
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to identify how information technology can enable the achievement of business objectives
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to set technical direction for a program or portfolio of applications
CSC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...