As our Sr. Innovation Manager for Golf Clubs, you'll manage the product creation development function for several club innovation categories. You'll ensure teams deliver on time products from initial concept up to commercialization. You'll define critical dates, specifications and ensure performance, and profitability goals. You'll participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. You'll ensure functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal and external best practices. You'll develop and utilize internal/external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness. You'll manage the product creation team including: product engineering, CAD and testing. You'll coach staff, create opportunities for staff development, make hiring decisions, and drive performance management, recognition and rewards. You'll develop team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance. In addition, you'll keep abreast of market trends, category goals, new technology and process innovation throughout the golf club industry.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree Preferred) in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant work experience within product development
- 2 additional years in lieu of a degree
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of golf club design and development process from inception through production
- 5 years' people management experience preferred
- Ability to resolve complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Experience developing products using systems that involve Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or similar is a plus
- Related golf business industry experience
- Passion for golf/active participant
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
Nike - 17 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....