We seek a confident, enthusiastic, and self-directed individual for this exciting new position focused on designing and executing quantitative research and bringing insights to life for a world-class retail brand. You will serve as the onsite point person for consulting on and designing complex quantitative research engagements, and working directly with teams at MaPS and other Kantar companies to execute projects. This is one of 5 onsite positions supporting a large-scale client research platform. The onsite positions are organized around the various research functions served by the platform— i.e., custom quantitative, custom qualitative, rapid response, tracking.
Ideal candidates will have a hands-on approach and demonstrated track record of accelerated success leveraging their market research expertise, storytelling, and client management skills to deliver actionable and insightful projects .
- Able to understand the long-term needs of the client’s business and develop recommended approaches to solving marketing, operations and merchandising problems with quantitative research
- Ability to guide and consult on quantitative research designs, including various complex data modeling techniques
- Ability to integrate multiple research work streams to identify key insights and actions
- Can offer consultative listening to the client
- Has expertise to independently help clients use research in their organization
Exceptional Client Relationship Skills
- Ability to distill complex information into simple stories the business can act on
- Able to utilize a variety of information sources to uncover insights and build compelling stories to create impact throughout the client organization
- Able to package stories and convey key actionable insights in clean, clear, and visually appealing ways
Typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Ability to interface directly with executives in the client organization, gain client confidence, assume client’s perspective, and drive toward insights and implications.
Benefits of the Position:
- Meeting the client to learn the background to business questions and advising on possible approaches or adaptation of approach to address issues
- Collaborating with MaPS team members (offsite) and other Kantar companies to commission and execute research to inform marketing strategies, using mainly quantitative methods
- Analyzing, interpreting, and integrating research and other information sources to answer client's business questions
- Presenting insights and implications to clients and other MaPS/Kantar colleagues
- You will be delivering highly strategic and impactful insights to, and contributing to marketing decisions made for, a world-class retail brand
- You will be growing your own strategic skills via involvement in a wide diversity of marketing research and strategic projects
- You will be developing expertise through immersion in the client's business, including insights, marketing, operations, and merchandising
- You will be working with the latest research innovations and industry thought leadership to deliver better results
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits, merit-bonus and profit sharing
Who is MaPS?
- College/university degree; advanced degree in related field a plus.
- Experience: 7-12 years in a client-facing role in quantitative research and/or marketing consulting
- Exceptional client relationship skills, including the ability to interface directly with client, gain client confidence, assume client’s perspective, and drive toward implications
- Substantial experience with primary quantitative marketing research, and specifically with applying various modeling approaches (e.g., segmentation, choice models, driver models) to business questions
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Creative presentation skills and story-telling ability are vital to success, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Retail experience a major plus
- Experience with project management
- Flexible thinker, able to manage uncertainty
MaPS is a strategic market research and consulting firm founded in 1994 by veterans of management consulting and academia. Our unique ability to combine best-in-class statistical methods with a custom marketing consulting approach has made us a leader in the marketing insights industry.
The network: Millward Brown/Kantar/WPP
- We conduct complex market research spanning geographies, industries and size among both consumer and B2B targets for our leading Fortune 100 clients. MaPS leverages a global network to conduct interviewing worldwide using a variety of techniques. We have marketing research and consulting expertise in performance measurement and tracking, market segmentation, product design and pricing, and brand strategy and message development. As a firm, we find a growth-oriented consulting approach to be more positive, constructive, interesting and challenging than the cost-reduction focus of many general management consulting engagements.
- Together we are 100+ team members, mostly based just outside Boston in Waltham, MA. To better serve clients across the globe, in 2006 MaPS opened an office in Chennai, India
- For additional details, please visit us on the web at www.mapsnet.com
For additional details, please visit us on the web at www.millwardbrown.com , www.kantar.com and www.wpp.com
- MaPS is part of Millward Brown, one of the world's top 10 full-service market research firms with expertise in effective advertising, marketing communications, media and brand equity research. Millward Brown has more than 82 offices in 52 countries, working with 70% of the top 100 US advertisers and 90% of the top 100 global brands.
- Kantar is a portfolio of companies that together represent the world’s second largest group of information, insight and consulting companies with 28,500 employees working in 100 countries across the whole spectrum of research and consultancy disciplines. Parent company WPP is the world’s leading communications services group, publicly-traded with billings of $66B and revenues of approximately $15B. It employs over 146,000 people in 2,400 offices in 107 countries.
Millward Brown has, and continues to have great success at promoting quality individuals from within. To assist in our employees' continued development we provide extensive in-house training. Additionally, Millward Brown provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include several options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and an enhanced paid time-off program. We are confident that Millward Brown offers a unique chance to join a dynamic and innovative organization that is continuing to grow.
Our Values and Culture
Our name is synonymous with innovative products and services, and we continue to lead the industry in developing new techniques and models to better serve the needs of our clients worldwide. But it doesn't stop there. We believe in bringing together results-oriented people and providing them with the tools and resources to succeed. To support this, we offer comprehensive training that includes a combination of informal hands-on and more structured group sessions as well as numerous opportunities for career growth. By cultivating an environment in which our employees can succeed and are valued for their contributions, we have built a solid reputation for developing, recognizing and promoting our employees.
Millward Brown is an EEO Employer
Millward Brown - 18 months ago
Millward Brown provides market research services, specializing in brand performance, from more than 75 offices in some 50 countries. Its...