Senior Institutional Research Analyst
The Senior Institutional Research Analyst supports institutional decision-making, policy-making, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of institutional data. Specifically, the Senior Institutional Research Analyst organizes and manages comprehensive institutional data sets to address internal and external data needs. Under the direction of the IR Director, the position plays a key role in managing important aspects of various institutional research projects, including data analysis and reporting, mandated state and federal reporting (e.g., IPEDS) and other print/online external reports and other institutional evaluation activities. The position is also responsible for initiating and resolving departmental and institutional data quality issues.
Skills and Abilities:
Academy of Art University offers employees’ health insurance, 401K Plan, paid vacation and holidays, and a commuter program. In addition we offer the following unique advantages: a tuition-free undergraduate class, health & wellness programs, access to University gym/pool & athletic games, and participation in various events such as our film festival, fashion show and gallery auctions.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and experience designing, maintaining and reporting
from large databases and multiple tables required.
- Advanced technical and programming skills in MS Access and Excel data management required – filtering, pivot tables, MS Query, functions required.
- Experience in SPSS preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft required.
- Experience with IPEDS reporting required.
- Knowledge of web based survey creation and design preferred.
- Perform mathematical and statistical computations commonly required for research applications.
- Apply knowledge and experience of research design and statistical techniques.
- Proactively initiate actions to solve departmental data issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in relation to confidential and proprietary information.
- High initiative and ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in Institutional Research and higher education, with student and faculty information systems preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Social Sciences or quantitative discipline. Three or more years of applied research experience with analysis in an academic setting strongly preferred. Knowledge of institutional research or higher education reporting requirements is strongly preferred.
Academy of Art University - 23 months ago
Established in 1929 by Sunset Magazine's creative director, Richard S. Stephens, Academy of Art University transforms aspiring students into...