The senior instructional designer will design and develop innovative and interactive customized sales and product training courses for corporate clients from various industries. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven success on complex high-profile development projects and on leading instructional design initiatives through applying best practices in elearning.
- Designs instructional materials for a variety of delivery methods, including e-learning, m-learning, and blended.
- Provides well written instructional content for intended audiences.
- Brings innovative perspectives to product designs
- Consults with business clients on regular basis to develop learning solutions
- Manages large, complex, and high-impact instructional design initiatives
- Collaborates well with key project players to deliver optimal learning solutions
- Gives presentations to clients and serves as a learning consultant
- Efficiently creates online training materials using authoring and content management tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Storyline, Moodle, or similar applications and systems
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service via active listening and strong professionalism
- Accurately analyzes client training needs and then scopes instructional design solutions
- Designs courses to meet learning objectives
- Prioritizes and manages multiple course development deliverables at once and thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Assists in training and mentoring new instructional designers
- Investigates new or improved tools, technology, and methodologies that might help team members perform their work more effectively
Work examples and/or online portfolio will be required to view during the interview process.
- Over 8 years of combined experience in instructional design, curriculum development, or sales training design; e-learning and m-learning development, ILT, and asynchronous virtual learning or development; consulting
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and organizational skills.
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish effective, professional relationships in a collaborative virtual working environment
- Extensive experience writing storyboards and scripts for use in e-learning
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products
- Significant experience with software applications and tools, such as Adobe Connect and SharePoint
- Background in healthcare or technical training design a plus
- Experience working with global teams
- Knowledge of learning management systems
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN and Capella does not provide relocation assistance for this role.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 12 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...