The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to provide an advanced level of expertise in the operations, trouble-shooting, management, repair and upgrades of the City’s SCADA system, radio telemetry, motor controls and instrumentation and control systems.
Examples of Duties:
- Advanced working knowledge of computer systems in conjunction with water plant process controls, sanitary and storm lift station controls and potable water pumping stations.
- Advanced knowledge and experience setting up, utilizing and troubleshooting supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) hardware and software.
- Proven ability to maintain, install, troubleshoot and upgrade electronic operational and instrumentation units such as SCADA radios, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) and motor control centers (MCC’s).
- Review and advise on plans and specifications for new or upgraded facilities associated with utility I & C.
- Conduct inspections on new construction or repairs/upgrades in areas of responsibility to ensure City’s best interests are being met.
- Responsible for routine maintenance, troubleshooting and operations inspection and/or installation of system infrastructure.
- Initiate and perform preventative maintenance programs and procedures for system infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively maintain, repair, test and assemble all electronic components and instrumentation necessary to the installation and operation of the system infrastructure.
- Ability to keep accurate records, to write reports, and communicate and coordinate work tasks with co-workers, consultants and vendors.
- On-going ability to reliably respond to maintenance, installation, and inspection calls on a regular or emergency basis.
- High school graduation (or G.E.D.), plus completion of an electronics technology program at a vocational/technical college or completion of an equivalent program at another accepted educational institution.
- Six or more years of verifiable work experience with utility-specific electronic instrumentation including: SCADA systems, motor control software, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), flow meters (UFO) and other peripheral equipment.
- Experience in the installation, programming, and troubleshooting of radio telemetry systems.
- Experience with migrating dated, utility-specific electronic instrumentation to “state of the art” technology in the areas of: process controls, SCADA, instrumentation and controls, MCC and radio telemetry systems.
- Ability to represent the City in inspection, construction coordination and field management of construction projects.
- Ability to work with the public in an efficient manner and communicate effectively with co-workers, equipment designers and suppliers and citizen stakeholders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Additional training and certification(s) in process controls, SCADA, PLC’s or radio telemetry.
- Ability to design SCADA systems, radio telemetry and instrumentation and controls upgrades.
- Advanced knowledge of software and middleware used in SCADA and PLC programming.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $65,392 - $72,092/Annually D.O.Q.
2014 Salary Range: $65,392 - $80,673/Annually
Supervision of Others
- The position is a lead worker and may direct others involved in the installation, upgrading and repair of utility, SCADA, telemetry, I&C and MCC’s.