Applied Industrial Technologies
Senior Internal Auditor
Connect with one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is an 11-time Northcoast 99 winner as one of the best places to work in Cleveland . We offer free parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities. We are growing!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit Department at our global corporate campus headquarters in Midtown Cleveland, OH.
This position involves limited travel. About 50% of your time is planned for tasks related to assisting the Corporate SOX effort and the balance remaining would be devoted to financial and operational audits and special projects. Professional sense of independence, integrity and objectivity; strong diagnosis, trouble shooting, problem solving, and communications skills are required. Work independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives and assignments.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX compliance requirements including testing processes
- Participate in project teams to ensure that changes in current processes, systems and/or personnel are well controlled
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits of Applied® operations
- Contribute actively to the resolution of control deficiencies
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Effectively communicate the results of audit work to the parties concerned including suggestions for improvement
- Exercise objectivity and a high degree of professionalism in resolving audit issues in a fair, efficient and equitable manner
- Provide guidance on policies, procedures, and regulations to functions and personnel outside the audit department
- Achieve and maintain a commitment to continuous professional development through reading, schools, seminars and job duties
- 3-5 years proven experience in a large public accounting firm, including 1+ years leadership experience
- Experience with SOX (Section 404 requirements and COSO)
- Strong analytical, execution and presentation skills, regardless of media
- Ability to communicate and interact with fellow associates at all levels in the Company (Accounting clerks to the CFO and COO)
- Power user of common office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and take charge of critical issues
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an Accounting major
- Current, active CPA license
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
About our Company:
- SAP knowledge
- Familiarity with SQL, Access, Business Objects, ACL
- Experience auditing IS systems
Applied Industrial Technologies, founded in 1923, is a $2.2 billion company with strong P&L results. We are one of America’s largest independent industrial distributors of bearings, power transmission components, hydraulic components and systems, pneumatic components and systems, industrial rubber products, linear components, tools, safety products, and general maintenance products.
With approximately 500 facilities and 4,600 employee associates across North America, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) offers more than 4 million parts critical to operations of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, we provide engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training, plus solutions to meet inventory and storeroom management needs that help provide enhanced value to its customers. We are growing!
We are passionate about our core values : honesty, integrity, caring/fairness, openness, quality dedication, promise keeping, personal mastery. We believe these are important for our customers and our employees.
Different Voices. New Perspectives. Boundless opportunities . Applied is committed to offering equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees based on their training, experience and overall qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or citizenship status, age, disability, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable law. We are also committed to a drug-free workplace. We value you, your background, and your unique experiences that help add to the richness of the Applied team.
Applied Industrial Technologies
- 2 years ago - save job