Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a national residential mortgage company that originates and services home loans. Caliber was founded and is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund. Caliber originates home loans through a network of over 100 retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent lending, mini-correspondent lending, and a consumer direct centralized operational center. Caliber enables borrowers to purchase new homes and refinance their existing homes with conforming and non-conforming home loans. Caliber also specializes in servicing, special servicing and subservicing of residential conforming and non-conforming residential mortgage loans in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia.The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects as part of the total internal audit plan. He or she will develop internal audit scope, perform internal audit procedures, and prepare internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT, and operational processes.
- Perform follow up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Assist the VP of Internal Audit with periodic reporting to the BOD and senior management, as well as with the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- 5 plus years of Public Accounting and/or private industry Internal Audit experience, including a solid understanding of accounting, finance, and internal control reporting
- Experience with and understanding of Internal Auditing standards, COSO, and Risk Assessment practices
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Experience in presenting information to all levels of an organization, including the ability to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CIA designation
- Mortgage industry experience