Senior Internal Auditor
Governance, Risk, and Controls
Governance, Risk, and Controls (GRC) leads in influencing change and management accountability for ethical business practices and fiduciary responsibility. We use best-in-class methodologies to enable real-time monitoring and enhance shareholder value. GRC provides invaluable experience, exposure and education to Cisco’s current and future leaders.
Reporting to the GRC Senior Internal Audit Manager, this person will be a key resource in supporting the risk assessment, planning and execution of operational and financial related audit projects for Cisco Systems. This role gives the individual broad exposure to Cisco's business units and operations. This position is a collaborative partner that has the responsibility of engaging with our internal business partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the controls and overall business processes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and execute audits to assess the effectiveness and application of financial, system and operational controls, the reliability and accuracy of data and information developed, and the adequacy of controls ensuring the safeguarding of assets and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
• Leads audit project teams to promote strong teamwork and cooperation among team members.
• Collaborate and work with management to develop cost effective internal control improvements and help foster a positive control conscious environment.
• Evaluate and assess design and effectiveness of significant corporate initiatives, processes, operations, information technology implementations and control processes to ensure appropriate internal controls have been considered.
• Work with Cisco’s Ethics office to ensure a positive control environment and to investigate any potential compliance or ethics violations.
• Assist in the performance of an annual risk assessment to develop the audit population and annual audit plan.
• Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices and regulations.
• Domestic and International travel estimated at 30%
• 5-8 years of audit / accounting / finance related experience
• BBA in Accounting or related finance degree
• CPA or CIA certification required
• External and /or internal audit experience, including acting in the lead auditor capacity for small/medium size projects
• Broad knowledge of financial/business processes, accounting principles, audit standards, and investigations
• Experience operating in a large publicly traded company with complex accounting systems
• Strong communication and collaborative skills to interface with senior management in delivering audit results to drive change within the business
• Strong written communication skills and experience in writing complex business reports
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...