Working as part of a small experienced team to provide the Iberdrola Renewables Executive Team and Iberdrola Renewables Audit and Compliance Committee with independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of corporate governance, risk management and control processes in operation across Iberdrola Renewables.
Main purpose of the role:
- Continuously assessing how operational, financial, strategic and regulatory risks are being managed and controlled throughout Iberdrola Renewables and reporting regularly to the Iberdrola Renewables Audit and Compliance Committee on the results of these assessments;
- Perform business process analysis assessing the effectiveness and efficiencies of financial and operational processes across the business making control and process improvement recommendations to management; and
- Influence the continuous development of audit, risk management practices and control process within Iberdrola Renewables including sharing best practices across Iberdrola Renewables and the wider Iberdrola S.A. Group.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- 5 years experience in an audit, business controls and or compliance discipline
- Availability and flexibility to travel both in the US, and internationally (in particular Spain).
- Strong understanding of audit techniques, risk management, business process analysis and internal control
- Good knowledge of the Iberdrola Business and/or relevant industry and commercial expertise
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales without affecting quality
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills that will help ensure Internal Audit obtain management commitment to proposed actions and build respected relationships with the business
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and guidance
- Capability to work as part of international audit teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data and to identify key facts
- Strong knowledge of the Iberdrola Business and/or relevant industry and commercial expertise
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Engineering, Economics, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA, CRMA or CIA designation
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Iberdrola Renewables - 12 months ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...