Kraton Polymers, LLC
Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc. (NYSE: KRA) is a leading global producer of engineered polymers used to enhance the performance of products that touch virtually every aspect of our lives. The original inventor of styrenic block copolymer (SBC) chemistry in the 1960s, Kraton has a history of innovation dating back almost 50 years that drives growth for its customers. The company has a broad portfolio of value-enhancing polymers that are used in a wide variety of applications including consumer and personal care items, adhesives and coatings, electronics, medical supplies, automotive components, and paving and roofing materials. Kraton offers its products to a diverse group of more than 800 customers in over 60 countries worldwide and collaborates with customers on custom solutions to meet specific needs. We have production facilities located in the United States, Germany, France, Brazil and Japan.
In markets worldwide, the Kraton name has become synonymous with SBCs, a versatile family of polymers that add substantial value to a wide variety of products. We have led the development of virtually every major SBC application that our customers have commercialized. We are truly Giving Innovators Their Edger.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reports To: Director of Internal Audit
Organization: Internal Audit
Dept./Location: Finance - Houston
Estimated Travel (%): 15% - 20% (Domestic & International)
Providing assurance that internal controls and business processes are effective and operating as planned. Evaluate compliance with the company's policies and programs. Assist management in their Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts and achieving process and or internal control improvements.
: Assist in conducting annual risk assessments including financial, non-financial and fraud risk areas.
: Execute assigned Internal Audit projects
: Plan and communicate project objectives
: Prepare audit programs and procedures for executing Internal Audit projects
: Prepare and review work-papers documenting audit procedures / testing
: Conduct project close conferences ensuring understanding and acceptance of project results
: Write reports ensuring clear communication of project results
: Follow up on action plans and corrective actions
Internal Control Assessment (Sarbanes-Oxley)
: Develop and maintain control documentation including process flow charts and control matrices
: Document and regularly update information on business processes (including internal control objectives, risks and controls)
: Develop testing strategies for the effectiveness of internal controls
: Perform testing of controls, identify deficiencies and determine impact, assist in the development of remediation plans and reporting to management
: Coordinate activities with financial auditors as required
* Assist business groups with improving processes / controls
* Provide for and share best practices across business groups
* Support and assist in development of group wide tools and methods
* Provide compliance / control training
* Perform other activities as required
* 2-4 years of auditing preferred and/or at least 3 years relevant internal audit experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access and good overall technology skills
* Ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills, and self-motivated
* Manage multiple assignments simultaneously
* Identify, analyze and effectively resolve issues
* CPA and or CIA
* Big-4 Accounting experience preferred
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects
* SAP experience
Required Education * Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
When the rubber meets the road, Kraton Polymers is responsible for both ends of the equation. It makes chemical ingredients used in...