SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Great opportunity to work with top talent in a growing energy focused company. Tremendous opportunity to advance your career and gain skills that will be valued in this organization. Contact us today to take advantage of this great opportunity!
For more information, please call (713) 960-9898 or visit us at www.vacohouston.com for details.
The Internal Auditor will work with Business Unit and Staff Groups to assess business process risks, controls and gaps worldwide. The auditor will participate in audits around the world and will be exposed to all areas of the company.
- Preparing written audit reports for distribution to executive and mid-level management
- Interacting with all levels of management
- Participating on teams to conduct risk reviews and provide consulting expertise
- Participating on special investigations as assigned
- Completing Sarbanes Oxley testing in support of management assertions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ year’s financial or auditing experience
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time to international and domestic locations
- Proficiency with Microsoft systems
- Public accounting or internal audit experience
- Petroleum accounting experience
- Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities
- CPA or CIA professional certification
- SOX experience
- Knowledge of SAP and TeamMate
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in process flows, operations, control identification or risk mitigation
- Foreign language skills