HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Senior Internal Controls IT Analyst within our Internal Controls ( department at our corporate office located in Houston, Texas.
The Senior Internal Controls IT Analyst will assist management in the enhancement and maintenance of the enterprise risk management and SOX compliance programs. This includes driving change through effective consulting of the business, promoting, monitoring and periodically reporting on the effectiveness of the IT control environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the enhancement and maintenance of the enterprise risk management and SOX compliance programs. This includes driving change through effective consulting of the business, promoting, monitoring and periodically reporting on the effectiveness of the IT control environment.
- Assist IT management with activities necessary to address open control deficiencies in process of being remediated.
- Work in an advisory capacity with IT management to design and document effective, risk-based, cost-justified ITGC and application controls.
- Perform remote and on-site control reviews for new and existing business units to ensure that ITGC and application controls are accurately documented and maintained.
- Perform targeted, risk-based application and general controls reviews as needed.
- Execute the annual test plan for ITGC and application controls within prescribed deadlines and according to HCC standards.
- Develop complete and accurate work papers to document and support findings and work performed.
- Facilitate IT management’s quarterly self-assessment of ITGC and application controls including assistance with the preparation of quarterly assessments, as needed.
- Review management assessment responses to determine if control gaps (i.e., changes and/or self-reported control deficiencies) exist. Conduct follow-up and research, as needed.
- Document and assess the significance of deficiencies in the design and operating effectiveness of ITGC and application controls. Evaluate IT management’s remediation action plans and track remediation efforts.
- Participate in major system implementation and infrastructure projects to ensure appropriate controls are implemented, documented and maintained.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MIS or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- CISA or CISSP preferred
- Minimum of five years of audit or relevant and progressive professional experience
- IT advisory or Sarbanes-Oxley experience required
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. - 9 months ago